Spain

Spain
Matador

Friday, July 9, 2010

Finally in Madrid!

This is of course my first day, but my first impression of Madrid is that it is an amazing city where people take time to socialize with their families and friends. The pace is relaxed and casual in the evenings, where people dine outside, then stroll the streets, squares and walkways savoring their warm summer nights and their families and friends companionship.  Children play and have fun with their families late in the night. People are not embarased to be with their families, but rather proud, joyus and playful with them. True family values that aren't lip service, but actually show in their social behavior.  This is a great cultural adventure! 

Kevin, Clyde, Cindy, Don and Kathleen check out Moore's Irish Pub on the right...

2 comments:

  1. Even teenagers are comfortable with family? I seem to always be embarrassing my two and they are adults. Love the photos and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Claudia. I appreciate your input on that. I feel the same way. It is very different attitude here, but of course I'm seeing the ones that are with their families too, which may ba a factor.

    ReplyDelete